To answer the questions:
1. In which country did the spruce grow?
A small fir tree grew in the Norwegian forest.
2. Why couldn’t the little tree grow?
The tree was very small, that’s why it didn’t grow.
3. Why was the fir tree sad?
He was not useful to anyone.
4. What did he ask the other trees?
The tree asked, “Do you know how a small spruce can be useful?”
5. Why didn’t most of the trees respond to the spruce?
Kechi said: some of the trees were too proud to answer such a small tree.
6. What did the birch say to the little spruce?
You can be a Christmas tree, but that’s it.”
7. When did men cut down the most beautiful fir trees?
Men come to the forest once a year in winter.
8. Why was the little spruce happy?
Because he was taken as a Christmas tree and beautifully decorated.
9. What happened one cold winter day?
In winter, they stripped the fir tree as a Christmas tree.
10. How was the small Christmas tree decorated?
Decorated with balloons, paper bells and gold balls.
11. What did the children’s mother put on it?
Their mother put some candles on the branches of the tree and lit them.
12. What did one of the children say?
“This is the most beautiful Christmas tree,” shouted one of the boys.
13. What did the whole family do?
The whole family decorated the Christmas tree.
14. Why was the little spruce the happiest?
Because he was useful to people.
Choose the correct word.
Fir was the smallest tree in the forest.
The fir tree was very sad because it could not grow.
Mom put some candles on the fir branches.
The family was dancing around the Christmas tree.